Many patients does not have regular access to essential medicines. Two stark realities are there,
one many people opt out of treatment because of financial constraints. Second, a sizeable population is driven to poverty every year because of ill-health. A drug distribution model pioneered by the HPVT through its Free Medicine/Financial Assistance for Surgery to Poor Patients could be a harbinger of change.
– Approximately 1200 poor and deserving patients registered with HPVT suffering from various diseases like, CKD [Chronic Kidney Disease], Kidney Transplant, Lupus Nephritis, Seizure disorders, Parkinson’s Disease, Diabetics, Depression, Chronic Liver Disease, Paraplegia, Hepatitis-B/C, Cancer etc who are provided life saving drugs/medicine prescribed by registered medicos regularly on monthly / fortnightly basis.
– Out of 1200 registered patients, 350 are suffering from life consuming disease – Chronic Kidney Failure. 70 out of 350 are given support in doing Dialysis at various Dialysis centers of Valley and rest are given supportive medicines / Erythropoietin Injections / Dialyzers.
– Patients of Emergency Nature mostly referral cases from various Hospitals Medicos / HOD’s / Medical Superintendent’s are provided medicine (after due verification/authentication as per latest prescription of Doctor / Consultants).
– Financial assistance for major surgeries in respect of deserving cases is one of the paramount purposes to be fulfilled y the HPVT Society.
– Identification of poor and indigent patients by volunteers and Executive Members in various hospitals of the Srinagar City, whom free medicine are provided by the HPVT Society.